C. Nicholas Pereos, Esq.
C. Nicholas Pereos has been practicing law for a period in excess of 40+ years. He graduated law school at the age of 23 in the year 1970. After being admitted to the State of Nevada, he practiced in the legal field of insurance defense. Not being satisfied with the degree of trial court experience, he moved to the District Attorney’s office and litigated numerous criminal cases. Thereinafter, he entered the commercial practice arena.
In the early part of his career, he became licensed in the States of Colorado, Nevada and California.
During the course of his practice, he practiced so extensively in the construction litigation field that he became licensed as a general contractor in the State of Nevada under License No. 002785.
His practice was so extensive in real estate law that he was invited and did sit on the Board of Directors of Stewart Title of Northern Nevada from 1977-1980.
Eventually, he was invited to join the Board of Directors of Nevada First Bank and was a participating member from 1985-1989.
He has had extensive trial work in construction litigation and real estate law. His practice included extensive trial work in residential construction and commercial/casino construction.
Because of his extensive knowledge of construction litigation, it was only a short time frame before he became involved in extensive trial work in connection with construction of high rise casinos in Las Vegas, Nevada.
His field of litigation extended to intellectual property litigation, real estate litigation, contract litigation, title litigation, and secured bank litigation.
During his career, he also instructed in real estate law and conveyancing at a college in Reno, Nevada and conducted numerous seminars in this field.
He is also the author of several legal publications.
He has been qualified as an expert witness in the States of Nevada and California.
- Queens College of the City university of New York, New York
Bachelor of Arts and Political Science, June, 1967
- University of Colorado, Boulder, Colorado
Juris Doctor, June, 1970
- Research assistant at the Desert Research Institute,
University of Nevada, Reno, Nevada
- Instructor in real estate law and conveyancing: National Business Institute
- Instructor in real estate law and conveyancing: Truckee Meadows Community College, Reno, Nevada
- Guest lecturer of public law forums at the University of Nevada, Reno, Nevada
- Water Laws Double Environment: How Water Laws Impede the Attainment of Environment Enhancement Goals, 5 Land and Water Reviews 259
- A Primer in Nevada Water Law, Inter Alia Vol. 43 No. 1 and Vol. 43 No. 2, 1978
- Las Vegas Water Project, a technical report published as series H-W, Hydrogen and Water Publication No. 7
- Board of Directors of Nevada First Bank
- Board of Directors of Stewart Title of Northern Nevada
- General Counsel to Transamerica Title Company of Reno
- General Counsel to Valley Title and Escrow Company
- General Counsel to Nevada First Thrift
- General Counsel to Founders Title Company
- Loan Committee Member of Nevada First Thrift
- Representative Counsel: Sierra Land Title Company
- Representative Counsel: Norther Nevada Title Company
- Representative Counsel: Stewart Title Company of Nevada
- Representative Counsel: Lawyers Title Company of Nevada
- Accepted as an expert witness in the Superior Court of the State Of California, County of Sacramento
- Accepted as an expert witness in the Second Judicial District Court in the State of Nevada
- Accepted as an expert witness in the Eight Judicial District Court in the State of Nevada
- Norther Nevada Medical/ Legal Screening Panel
- Northwestern School of Law two-week law forum on criminal trial proceedures
- Licensed General Contractor in the State of Nevada
Bar and Court Admissions
- Colorado Bar Association, 1970
- Nevada Bar Association, 1971
- California Bar Association, 1972
- U.S. Supreme Court
- Ninth Federal Circuit Court of Appeals
- Fifth Federal Circuit Court of Appeals